If you’re planning on going somewhere in a group with colleagues, friends or family, there are many great reasons why you should put the train in your trip. Enjoy our scenic services on the way to your destination, or simply go along for the ride on one of our great daytime journeys.
Travel through the North Island’s heartland
The Northern Explorer travels to destinations between Auckland and Wellington on alternative days of the week year round, and the Capital Connection travels Monday to Friday between Palmerston North and Wellington.
See the best of the Spectacular South
View the best New Zealand has to offer and enjoy outstanding coastal and alpine scenery from your seat or open- air viewing carriage. The Coastal Pacific between Picton and Christchurch and The TranzAlpine between Christchurch and Greymouth both offer memorable ways to share a special scenic experience.
Great for groups
- Get discounts when you book your group of 20 or more with an Account Manager
- Groups from 20 up to 378 can travel safely on one train service
- Large panoramic windows, bathroom facilities in each carriage
- Licensed Cafe and bar carriage stocked with a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Professional onboard crew can assist your group
- Have the freedom to walk around, play a game or host an Outside the Classroom experience
- Ideal for education groups, social clubs and sporting teams
- Whole carriages can be hired and themed with decorations, gifts, etc.
* discounts subject to space availability taken from the standard adult fares.
For more information please call 0800 250 000 (+64 3 341 2698) or firstname.lastname@example.org