Wellington passenger terminal
The Wellington passenger terminal is for passengers travelling without a motor vehicle.
Aotea Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6035
Opens: 06:30 am daily
Closes: 6.15 pm daily
Hours may vary according to sailing schedule
- Walking from Wellington isn't advised as it requires crossing the slip road from the motorway and there's no pedestrian crossing.
- A free bus leaves from Platform 9 at Wellington Railway Station 50 minutes before each daytime sailing, from 8am to 6pm (taxis are available from the front of the station).
- If you are travelling from Wellington with a vehicle, you'll need to go to Wellington vehicle terminal.
- Find out more about the check-in process to make boarding a breeze.
Driving to the Wellington Terminal
There is short term parking outside the terminal for pick-up and drop-off. If you need comprehensive driving instruction on how to get to our terminals, please watch our videos:
- Driving to Wellington Terminal from the north via SH1 (watch video)
- Driving to Wellington Terminal from the Hutt Valley via SH2 (watch video)
- Driving to our Terminal from the Wellington City (watch video)
Wellington passenger terminal facilities
A café operates in the terminal offering drinks and light food from 6:30am to 4pm daily.
Coin operated storage lockers are also available at a cost of $4 for 12 hours.
A free shuttle bus departs from Platform 9 at Wellington Railway Station 50 minutes before each sailing between the hours of 8am to 6pm.
The shuttle bus departs the terminal around 20 minutes after each arrival, between the hours of 8am to 6pm, and takes passengers to Wellington Railway Station.