If you are travelling with a vehicle, please arrive no later than 1 hour prior to departure time.
To minimise delays, please have your booking details ready to present to check-in staff.
Prior to check-in
- New bookings and payment of existing bookings must be completed at the passenger terminal.
- If a passenger wishes to board via the gangway, then all passengers should check in together at the passenger terminal.
Pack a small bag for the journey (see Travel tips)
- You will not be able to access your vehicle during the journey
- Carry-on allowance is one small bag and one handbag/laptop bag
Vehicle check-in procedure
- Arrive at least 1 hour before departure
- Follow signs for vehicle check-in
- Have your ticket ready for check-in booth attendant
- Stop at check-in booth and exchange ticket for boarding passes
- Follow marshal's instructions to boarding lane and park
- Wait for marshal's instruction to board
- Do not use cell phones during boarding
- Once on board, follow onboard marshal's directions to park
- Turn off headlights once you have entered the ship, as they may dazzle the marshal's
- Once parked, ensure your handbrake is fully engaged and your car is in gear (or in park for automatic vehicles)
- Turn off LPG tanks on campervans.
- Turn off alarm and anti-tow alarm (if present)
- Lock your vehicle, ensuring all items are secure from damage or theft
More important information...
If you are bring pets, please click here for more details.
If you will be carrying dangerous goods or have any questions about what goods are classed as dangerous, the please click here.