Bringing your pets
One of the great advantages of taking the ferry to is that you can bring your pets. However, we are not able to carry them in passenger areas, so please familiarise yourself with the following conditions of carriage.
Only Disability Assist Dogs are allowed in the passenger areas of our ships. All other pets and animals must be remain in your vehicle or be checked-in as luggage.
All of our ships have kennels that can be included in your booking.
Bringing pets in your vehicle
- Your pet can remain in your vehicle for the journey for no extra charge
- You will not be able to visit your pet, so please ensure they are well fed and exercised before boarding
- train your pet in the weeks' before travel by introducing them to staying in your car unattended
- leave some toys for them to play with
- leave a favourite blanket, bed or basket so that they can rest
- Ensure your pet is well ventilated and has water
- Your pet must be inside the vehicle (it must not be tethered outside or on the back the vehicle)
Bringing pets by foot
- All of our ships have kennels that can be added to your booking
- Cats and other small animals can be carried in a suitable pet carrier or cage and checked-in
- please ensure the cage or pet carrier is secure and waterproof
- pets will be placed at the front of the baggage truck for the journey
- train your pet in the weeks' before travel by introducing them to staying in the cage or carrier unattended
- Please ensure your pet is well fed and exercised as this will help them rest
- You will not be able to visit your pet during the journey
All our ships have kennels available, which you can add to your booking.
If you are travelling as a foot passenger, then you must book a kennel otherwise your dog will not be allowed to travel,
- Kennels cost $15 each
- Typical dimensions are 800 x 800 x 600 (WxHxD)
- You can leave food and water for the journey
- We recommend you leave a blanket, bed or basket that they are familiar with
- Ensure your dog is well exercised before travel
- Please book ahead to ensure availability
Check-in information for kennels
Proceed to check in as normal and obtain boarding passes for you and your dog (please leave your dog outside the terminal).
The kennels are located in the vehicle bays, which means you will board via the vehicle ramps after all vehicles have boarded. Please follow the instructions of the staff at all times.
Advise the assistant at the vehicle check-in that you have booked a kennel and obtain your boarding passes for you and your dog. The check-in assistant will give you a special hangar for your rear view mirror.
When boarding, the marshals will see your hangar and direct you to the pet storage area.